Was it really that long ago that she was born? She'll be 15 here in a few months, soon driving a car. She made the freshman cheer team. And soon I'm sure there will be a guy brave enough to come up and talk to me about dating her. But the question still remains, was it really that long ago?
My pastor's daughter got married last weekend. Like him, I only have one daughter. (My son is 13 and going into 8th grade.) I'm sure if I asked him, he would say the same thing, "It was only yesterday........". Where has the time gone? How fast will the next 5 years go and both my kids will be out of high school and in college? How long before I'm a grandpa? (My two step boys are already out of the house and in college. Both in their early 20s, so it could be sooner than later lol)
All I know is that they are growing up fast, and I either have to slow down and enjoy it with them or let it pass me by. Somehow, I have to figure out a way to slow down and enjoy these last few year they are at home. Somehow...........
No comments:
Post a Comment